Have you bought a new mattress? And want to keep it for an extended period? Keep on reading to find some practical ways to fix the sagging mattress.
Several reasons can sag your mattress. From the improper handling to the low-quality mattress material, there is a long list of reasons.
That is why, always buy the best mattress after understanding each product. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to buy the most suitable one.
Check your bed
Sometimes, it is not your mattress but the surface. If it is the middle of the mattress sagging down, then the issue is in the bed frame. You can either use a bed platform or take your mattress off the bed. The floor is a better option unless you buy a new bed frame for your mattress.
Replacing the bed slats
The weak or broken bed slats can make your mattress an uncomfortable surface to sleep. The bed slats are relatively cheaper, and if they are causing the sagging issue. Then you do not need to buy a new mattress. The only solution is to order or buy some new bed slats.
That is why whenever you are buying a new mattress, make sure that it perfectly fits the bed springs. Otherwise, sooner or later, you will face the mattress sagging issue.
The alternative support
If, in case, you are unable to get the new bed slat, then think of the plywood sheets. You can cut the plywood sheets according to the bed size and dimensions. Place them over the bed spring box or bed slats.
The plywood will act as a supportive agent. Covering all the non-supporting areas of bed slats. It is a relatively cheaper and smartest solution.
Filling your mattress
It is a bit expensive but can help in maintaining the same old mattress. You can do the following things to fill up your old mattress to fix the sagging.
- Read about the features of your bed mattress and the fillings used to make it. Buy the same material to refill the mattresses. For this, you may need to do market research to get the best quality material.
- You can call the sellers and order a mattress refilling. The company’s team will come and refill the sagging areas.
- You can use pillows to refill your mattress. Place some thick pillows filled with some reliable material at the bottom side of your mattress. It will uplift the original fillings of the mattress, covering all the sagging areas.
Drying up the mattress
Bed mattresses are like sponges and can easily absorb water. You can do the following things to dry up your mattresses.
- Place your mattress under direct sunlight for a few days.
- Avoid using air-humidifiers to reduce the air humidity level.
- Do not let your kids and pets climb on the mattress with wet hands.
- Cover your mattress with a plastic sheet.
- Check for any water leak in your room.
A reliable mattress made with the best quality filling will not sag early. However, if the users are not keeping it properly, it can sag within a few years. For each mattress type, you need to follow a different technique, so it is better to ask an expert.